Friday, October 12, 2007

THE MISTAKES IVE MADE

THE MISTAKES IVE MADE

I sit and ponder my life everyday, I think of the things I've done, seen, and lived through. I get down alot, when I think back at how some have judged me, and the decesions in life I have made. When I drive to work every morning now, I dont get down anymore.
I've been to Iraq twice, I was a firefighter, I've seen live lived, and how quick it gets taken from you. So unlike those who throw stones, I dont. Everyone makes mistakes.
Before you talk about someone or judge them, look into thier eyes, think of where they have been or been through.
I cant even get mad at those who judge me anymore, or throw stones at me, for now I know and understand, they arent or will ever be half the man I am.
I was raised dirt poor, worked for everything I ever had. Ive looked in the coal stained face of my grandaddy and my dad, and wondered why they would do what they do. Of course, it was good money, the best around here, but also a pride thing. They were Miners, Underground Miners. Not many men would ever think of doing what they do. Now I am following in thier footsteps, and I realize now, after everything ive been through, the meaning of life.
When I drive to work every morning, and see the morning dew sparkling in the moonlight, and deer grazing in the fields, I understand life, gods creations, peace and happiness.
When I come out of the mines everyday,. and see the sunlight once again, and feel the feeling of racing home to see my family, all the while thanking the lord for letting me see it all one more time, I realize the true meaning of life. It aint money, it aint talking about someone elses mistakes, its about being the best you can, doing the best you can, not only for you, but your family. Its about the smile on your little boys face, or the look of relief in your wifes eyes that you made it home again. Its about that all day fishing trip with your wife and son on the lake, taking pictures of your son with his frst fish, or petting a grey squrill.
Life to me, is much more than listening to you ridicule or down me for what ive done wrong, for i know you could never do what i do everyday, for your family, or for yourself. Those who throw stones at others have problems theirselves, and downing someone else is just your way of makng yourself feel like a man. I feel sorry for your kids, for if your thier picture of a man, your son will never be much.